Joined: 11 Aug 2007
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
|Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:45 pm Post subject: Forum Rules - Please read before posting
|Some Simple Rules and Guidelines
The driving force behind this forum is to create a community for developers of all levels to be able to access fast, accurate, friendly advice and help in return for the same. Please adhere to the simple and obvious rules below and enjoy being part of a community driven site. We adopt a zero tolerance rule on anyone abusing this forum.
1. Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be banned from the forum.
2. Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and may lead to a ban from the forum.
3. Members are asked to not act as "back seat moderators". If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator / Administrator Team. Only do this if a moderator team member has not replied within 6 hours. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly "act" as moderators may be warned.
4. Members should remember this board is aimed at a general audience. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a ban.
5. Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Users linking to or asking for information on warez, crackz, etc. or re-printing material without permission may be banned and their post will be removed.
6. Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline ([IMG][/IMG]) image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
7. Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or coloured text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned and may be banned.
8. Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I'm stuck!", "I've got an error!", etc.
9. Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. We do allow members to recomend good quality service providers but if this is abused or posted more than once then it will be removed and the offender warned or banned.
10. The moderating, support and other teams reserve the right to edit or remove any post at any time. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Team Members and not users.
11. The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or bans.
12. All help and support offered by the admins / moderators and indeed other users are only the opinion of the individual offering it and no guarantee to its accuracy will be given. The Moo Directory and associated companys are in no way liable for any advice, any member follows in any circumstance. Anyone intentionally giving false or misleading advice and/or help will be banned from the site immediately.
13. Try not to post the same questions over and over. Use the search function and quite often the answer will already be there for you to access.
Now have fun, help and be helped and enjoy the Moo Community.
General FAQ's etc are answered HERE
Captain Moo - Site Administrator
Moo Directory - Moovin On Up